Saturday 2 January 2016

Westwood Handbag Cake



For the Vivienne Westwood handbag cake I started of by making the handles, the customer specifically asked for the handles to stand up so in order for that to happen they needed plenty of time to dry. I made the handles by rolling out quite wide worms with white sugar paste and bent them round a bowl and then set them aside for a good number of days.
The cake was a madeira sponge, I always use this type of cake when carving is involved, I find Victoria sponge and chocolate cake to soft to be able to carve easily. Once I'd got the basic shape I dirty iced it and then covered it in white fondant. I also used white fondant for the piping work.
After inserting the handles I sprayed all of the bag in a hot pink. The air spray worked brilliantly as it created shadowing and made it look more life like.
While the bag dried I concentrated on the Westwood logo. I used a yellow fondant colour and then once on the bag I went over it with a gold dust.



No comments:

Post a Comment