Friday 15 January 2016

Christian Louboutin Shoe Box Cake



This cake took many hours to create. The shoe obviously took the longest. I had to make the shoe from a home made template as I do have the shoe sugar paste cutters but the heel on that is tiny which even if I had extended the heel, the insole would have been way short. So I started by making the heel, using a wooden stick to wrap the white sugar paste around so it had good support. While the heel was drying I cut out the insole twice as I used the cardboard cut out to go in-between the two sugar paste slices to create a sandwich so that it had a strong support. Before the heel dried too much I attached the insole to the heel with glue then left to dry completely with a support underneath the insole so that it would dry the right shape. I left the heel and insole to dry for a number of days.
Next part was the sides and front section. For the sides I started of with the sugar paste being quite high so I could use a Stanley knife to get the right curve without losing to much height as the pattern on the shoe was very intricate and detailed. After attaching the sides, I scrunched up a piece of kitchen paper to have ready for the front support. The front section I measured up so it would fit nicely without knocking the sides to much. With the sugar paste still soft I could mould the front and sides together to hide the seam. Then I left the shoe to dry completely for about a week.
With the shoe completely dry and solid I sprayed it red and left it to dry while I made the black ball details. Some of the detailing I had to do with a black pen.

With the shoe finished it was time to start on the shoe box. I covered the cake in a camel brown colour and added an inch trim around the top to give it a box lid effect. Finished it with the logo piped on in royal icing and added the roses to the box and board, as it was in the picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment