Wednesday 13 January 2016

Liverpool FC and Mario



As you have probably worked out by now I'm very much in to the floral and pretty style cakes not football, so when I was asked to incorporate Liverpool's emblem with Mario and Luigi I was a little bit nervous to say the least. 
The specifications for this cake were red fondant to cover the cake with football shape on top along with the Liverpool emblem (the one with the Liver Birds on) and Mario & Luigi. eek
The first thing I made was the football shape, my thoughts were I could make the top part of the cake first so I could slip the design on top of the red fondant covered cake, simple. Once the football was assemble which I have to add was no mean feast, I started on the emblem. Thankfully the customer had provided me with all the necessary pictures so I had something to work from. The Liver Bird was the fiddliest part with all the small details that kept wanting to break on me.
Last part was Mario & Luigi were I did my usual created a patchwork design from print outs and built them directly on to the football.
With the topper finished I started working on the cake and then I started to worry that the topper, after all that hard work might not come of the cake board in one piece. Thankfully it did, woohoo.




No comments:

Post a Comment