Wednesday 13 January 2016

Gardener Cake


The Gardener cake was originally going to be a floral design with a sugar paste poppy on the front that her mum could keep after the cake had gone, but after booking the cake we had to alter it slightly due to her dad buying an ornament that he wanted incorporating in to the cake design.
The first thing I made was the poppy so it could dry out in a flower foam mould before placing it on the cake. Then I made the cakes. After covering the cake in green fondant I placed the lady figure to the back of the cake top, then moulded a piece of brown fondant around the front section of the figure. On top of the soil (aka brown fondant) I covered it in different coloured flowers which I also placed a couple of the flowers in the two flower pots that were part of the ornament.
To finish the garden design of I used the picket fence cutter to create a fence to go around the cake, finishing of with the birthday message and sugar paste poppy.
I have to admit I'm glad the design changed, it ended up being a really cute design and the figure was a perfect size. I'll definitely being keeping my eyes open for other figures like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment