Thursday 11 April 2013

Goal Keeper Football Cake

For the football cake I'd been told that the lad really likes football and that his position is a goal keeper, also colours should be blue and white. Now I'm not a fan of football but I know there are a few teams whose strips are blue and white so I went for the safe option of white shorts with a blue top. 
The figure was originally going to be stood up but it was a bit too tall for the goal post and I thought an action position would look better. For the hair I moulded a piece of brown fondant on top of his head and used a pair of scissors to cut into the fondant to give it a spiky hair look, which unbeknown to me is exactly how the Robbie wears his hair. She shoots, she scores :-)
I had a lot of fun with the goal post, originally I was going to make it out of royal icing so it would have a net and posts but my attempts at trying to remove the royal icing goal broke, several times. So my Grandma gave me a bunch of drinks straws to have a play with and finally I managed to build a goal with three straws, two full straws for the posts and the end of a straw for the cross bar. With the straws being clear I put three cakepop sticks inside to make it stand out more.
The cake flavour was chocolate with chocolate butter cream and covered in Lincoln Green fondant with royal icing field markings and message. To make sure there was enough blue and white on the cake I covered the board in blue and white and finished it of with a blue ribbon around the board. 







No comments:

Post a Comment