Thursday 18 April 2013

Baby Girl Cupcakes

My friends, friend has just had a baby girl and my friend wanted to send a dozen cupcakes to celebrate. The order was for chocolate cupcakes covered in pink, so that's what I did.
I went for a chocolate brownie cupcake and tried to colour the butter cream icing with raspberry jam but it went a very pale nondescript pink so I double checked that I could use some food colouring to turn it pink as food colouring is pretty much made up of E numbers and me being a baby novice was unsure as to whether E no. are good for new mummies. Anyway it turns out that a little bit of colouring is fine.
For the decorations I made bee's, caterpillars, rubber ducks, booties, rainbows, butterflies and flowers. The middle two I covered in pink fondant and piped on Baby Josephine. Another four cupcakes were covered in pink fondant and they had the caterpillar and rainbow designs on.
Both friend and new parents were very pleased with the cupcakes.








No comments:

Post a Comment