Thursday 4 September 2014

Movie Cupcakes

For the movie based cupcakes I was given a colour palette of red, gold and black to work with. I love movies so it was simple to come up with 4 different designs to make. First I thought about awards -the Oscars and BAFTA's. Next is the film clapper board and finally film reels ( a bit old school but I am a bit old school).
Both the awards are made free hand as I don't have any moulds that look like either awards so they all look a little bit different, then I dusted them with gold luster to make them twinkle.
For the clapper board I used a rectangle cutter and sliced a section out the top to create the clapper then glued white fondant over that section.
The film reel is two circles that have cut outs which I used the broderie cutter so they matched when stuck either side of a black disk of fondant that is the film.
The cupcakes are chocolate with chocolate butter cream and red fondant stars to make the toppers stand out more.







No comments:

Post a Comment