Thursday 4 September 2014

Lego Movie Birthday Cake

For this cake I was asked to create a cake around the Lego Movie. To start I made the two main movie characters Emmet and Batman, trying to keep them looking like Lego figures with the yellow faces and U shaped hands.
The next step was creating the Lego blocks. I bought a cake pop mould that made large Lego blocks which meant I could cut them into 6 pin, 4 pin and 2 pin blocks.
The cake is vanilla with jam, vanilla butter cream and covered in Lincoln  green fondant. Originally I was going to use a Lego impressing mat to make the green fondant look like Lego lawn but the mat was too small to cover a whole cake without looking messy so I kept the mat for the cake board and decorated the top with the bricks, two figures and the birthday message.












No comments:

Post a Comment