Thursday 4 September 2014

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Birthday Cake

When I was asked to make a cake based on the movie 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2' I was thrilled, I love this movie and it's a great theme for a cake. The only stipulation was there had to be a model of Flint the main character.
The cake is chocolate with chocolate butter cream and shaped to look like a burger (or a carousel like my dad thought it was). After dirty icing I covered the top and round the base of the cake with teddy bear brown fondant and round the centre I used chocolate brown fondant for the meat. To decorate the burger I used green fondant for the lettuce, red fondant for tomatoes and yellow fondant for cheese making one of the segments look like a tongue. To create the eyes I made two larger sesame seeds with black dots to make them look sinister and then covered the rest of the bun top with smaller yellow fondant seeds. To make the legs I used straws that I cut to size then rolled out yellow fondant placed some glue down one side then rolled it around the straw bending it into shape straight away so it didn't crack, also left a bit of straw bear so that it would sit in the cake securely and look like chips for legs.
The marshmallows are marshmallows with little faces drawn on and the gherkins are made of green fondant and red fondant for the eyes. The last character was the strawberry on top I had to put it on as it super cute, I made it with red and green fondant. 










No comments:

Post a Comment