Thursday 17 January 2013

Mr Tumble Birthday Cake


On New Years Eve I got a phone call from a mum whose son would be turning one the following weekend and needed a cake to celebrate. She told me his favourite character was Mr Tumble and me being a child of the 80's thought she meant the Mr Men however it was a bloke dressed up as a clown. I did my usual when it comes to something new and hit the internet to find out who Mr Tumble is and printed off some picture of him and his bag and got to work.
The cake was a Victoria sponge with the raspberry jam and vanilla butter cream filling covered in light jade fondant and blue, orange, red, yellow and green spots with Mr Tumble and his bag on top. The figure is made out of a mixture of fondant and sugar paste.
Along with the cake were 20 vanilla cupcakes decorated with vanilla butter cream and a fondant disc and balloon on top. 








No comments:

Post a Comment