Thursday 17 January 2013

Cakes in a Shop Window :-)

Last week I got the best news ever, the bakery over the road from where I live needed a cake maker for special occasion cakes and asked me if I would be interested in the job and of course I jumped at the opportunity. 
All they asked for was a photo album with a price list and some fake cakes (or Fakes) for the display cabinet.
Yesterday the photos arrived so I got to work making the catalogue with prices on each photo so people can get an idea of the price range and also finished of a Valentine Fake (as its coming up to that time already). I already have 6 wedding Fakes prepared from last years wedding fair so I took the Bunny Fake and the Monochrome Fake over with me. The cake on top is one they make but it will be replaced with my version of it by the end of the week.
Its super exciting and I can't quite believe its happening its one of those dreams I had since a young girl to have my work on display and for it to be happening is well... super exciting.







No comments:

Post a Comment