Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Garden Cake

The Garden Cake was for a couples 40th wedding anniversary, I'd been asked to make a heart shaped cake with a garden theme with the couple sat on a bench. I love flowers and garden themes so I had plenty of ideas running through my brain however I didn't think I'd have enough time to make a bench in a couple of days so I thought the next best thing was a log. Later on in the thought process came the 40th scratch into the log idea with a heart etched around it, it's the type of thing couples do. The log is made from cake pop mixture and covered in milk chocolate to give it a gnarly look like a tree.
The white picket fence symbolises the growing old together in a house surrounded by a white picket fence, well that's my idea of marriage, mushy maybe but it worked for the cake.
The flowers are made out of fondant along with the two figures so it was all edible.













No comments:

Post a Comment