Tuesday 3 July 2012

T-Rex Birthday Cake

The T-Rex cake was for a 5 year old lad who loves dinosaurs and his favourite is the T-Rex. This cake was inspired by the T-Rex in the Toy Story movies, Rex. 
The cake is made with Madeira sponge as I knew I needed a solid cake to hold the weight of the head as 
T-Rex's have huge heads and tiny arms. I made the mistake of slicing the head tier through the middle to add a layer of chocolate butter cream but all that did was make the cake start to drop at the front, thankfully I had a spare cake in the freezer so I could replace it with a new head minus the butter cream this time. 
Everything on the board was edible including the boulders which are made with cake pop mixture and cover in grey fondant. And I added some shadowing around the body and face with a moss green powder.









No comments:

Post a Comment