Friday 25 February 2011

Christmas Cakes and Cookies 2010

The Christmas cookies were for a farewell party at my Grandparents' over Christmas. It was fun making cookies because it's something I haven't done a lot of over the past few years.









The mini Christmas cakes below were presents for all my friends and my Grandparents. A few of my friends said they were 'too cute to eat' but finally gave in to temptation and enjoyed them in the end.
It was fun making the cakes as it gave me plenty of practice with covering fruit cakes with marzipan and icing, and it also helped with the patchwork techniques.
I adore the Christmas patchwork cutters - they are so cute.









The Penguin Christmas Cake was a present for my sister and her husband. I'd found the penguin figures in a cake magazine and thought they were too sweet to not have a go. The snow flakes were made with a cutter and brushed with an edible shimmer.






The final Christmas cake was for the cake decorating course I go to. One of the tasks was to design and decorate a Christmas cake. The fruit cake could be shop bought but I love making that style of cake because you can put as much alcohol in as you want, also there's no chance of nuts as I'm not a fan.
The patchwork took a long time to complete and I think it was worth the time and effort. This cake was also very difficult to cut into. However it is all eaten now.






1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This decorating idea for Christmas cake is great and makes the cake more special. Christmas cake can also be presented in different designs and styles. There are different traditional Christmas cakes which are delicious. So, to prepare them this Christmas season check out them at: http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Shopping/christmas-cake.html

    ReplyDelete