Wednesday 16 February 2011

Chintzy Cakes

Thanks for checking out my new blog, Chintzy Cakes. It's a place for me to show my cake designs and to share with you a bit more about my love for baking.

At the moment I'm looking into setting up Chintzy Cakes as a business due to all the comments I've had from friends, family and work mates - it's all been really positive!

I started baking at the tender age of 4 years old. My grandparents, both Smiths and Parkes, would let me make flapjacks but I have to confess probably a third of the mixture was eaten before making its way to the oven!

Another fond memory was making the biggest Yorkshire puddings I've ever seen. I was probably 4 years old as my Grandpa Smith was still with us and I had been given the task of making mine and my sister's puds and my Nana and mum made everyone elses. I was doing the whole chef thing of looking at the mixture and adding extra flour or more seasoning and they stood there saying 'just follow the recipe and they'll be fine'. So I got on with whisking and put the Yorkshire puds into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes and when they came out they were HUGE. I couldn't believe it, especially as my nan's and mam's were tiny teehee. The rest of the family were very jealous of them :-)

I have many more favourite baking memories but will save them for a later date. Pop back soon to see more of my cake creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment