Sunday 25 September 2016

Tea cup and saucer cupcakes


These have to be my all-time favourite cupcakes. I’d originally been asked to make cupcakes in the shape of teacups and teapots but it would take forever to do and would end up costing more than what they were wanting to spend. So I showed her another idea - cover each cupcake with a printed fondant tablecloth and finish them off with a tiny teacup, cake and teapot. She loved the idea so I got cracking with the toppers.
I was worried they would take too long to do as I only had a limited time to get them ready, so I started with the teacups and they went fine. Then the teapots again fine and finished with the little cupcakes again all went well and amazingly done in two days which include colouring in. My desk was covered in miniature tea sets it looked adorable almost too good to eat.
After I made the cupcakes and piped the butter cream on top, I rolled out some white fondant, placed an embossing mat on top and rolled over it with my rolling pin then used a frilled cutter to get a tablecloth disc to sit on top of the butter cream. Finished with the little toppers that I glue to secure in place. Adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment