Saturday 27 August 2016

Pink Bow Christening Cake



I was originally given a photo of what they wanted the cake to look like but they were wanting it to feed 120 people and that cake wouldn't have looked right larger, so I took the elements they liked in the original design and designed this cake. It’s a two tier gift box cake with the baby pink and white colours, topped with a giant pink bow and finished with the name blocks.
The first thing I started making was the bow, I wanted to make sure it had plenty of time to dry along with the name blocks.
The cake was a Victoria sponge with jam and butter cream filling, covered in baby pink fondant for the lower cake and white fondant for the top tier. The box designs were quite simple so that the main attention would go to the bow and blocks, I didn’t want it to look too messy.
The finished cake looked like how I’d described it to the customer and it weighed a ton. 



No comments:

Post a Comment