Friday 24 May 2013

Vivienne Westwood Shoes Cake

For the Vivienne Westwood Cake I had to do a bit of research as I know about Westwood but was unsure as to her style of shoes which was the theme for this cake. I was given the order on Monday morning and it was due for Wednesday evening so I knew I didn't have the time to make an actual shoe but that I could do a sort of patchwork shoe collection. After looking on the Internet and realising how cute her shoes are I picked my top 4, two to be put on the cake and then take key elements from the other two which were hearts and bows. I also incorporated the Westwood logo that has a section in the middle where I put the recipients name with Happy Birthday next to it.
To recreate the shoes I printed out the two I was going to put on the cake and cut around them. Next I rolled out the fondant placed one of the cut outs on top and cut around it. Once I had the main outline I cut the different sections out so there was three section for the insole on the pink shoe and replaced with a lighter pink fondant and then dusted the heel with a darker pink to create definition and cut another strap out to give a 2D effect along with the cherries. The red shoe was a lot easier to make as there was only a bit of shading to do and then covered it in clear edible glitter (couldn't get hold of red edible glitter).
To finish of the sides I cut out hearts in baby pink, blue and green.
I've already heard back from the Birthday girl and she loved it which is really nice to hear.








No comments:

Post a Comment