Tuesday 26 June 2012

Golden Wedding Anniversary Cake

For the Golden Wedding Anniversary Cake I was asked to cover the fruit cake provided and the two things that had to be on the cake were the message: 'Congratulations on your golden wedding anniversary Colin and Chris' and the beading around the bottom of the cake. Anything else was just whatever I thought would look nice, so I went with a bed of yellow roses intermingled with leaves and blue blossom flowers.
For the message I wasn't sure as to what colour to go for, the choices were yellow, green, blue and a pinky rose colour. I think the pinky rose colour would have been quite nice but I was over ruled by everyone saying not to add any other colour so I went with light blue which keep the cake bright and the message prominent.
The beading was made with ivory fondant and then dusted with lustre dust which is my new favourite toy it makes everything look pretty.






No comments:

Post a Comment