Thursday 7 June 2012

Cupcakes

I'd been asked to make a batch of cupcakes for a kids party last weekend coinciding with the Queen's Jubilee so I knew some of the cupcakes had to be patriotic. 
Another requirement was to make a handful of gluten free cupcakes which I was happy to do but had no specific recipe for so I was a little worried. In the end I used the same recipe as the other cupcakes but substituted self raising flour for gluten free and instead of margarine I used the liquid flora so a 100ml of that is the equivalent of 100g of margarine (or there abouts). 
The none gluten free cupcakes were a mixture of vanilla, chocolate and marbled. The decorations varied from Union Jacks with a cherry on top to jelly gems and stars and flowers. I wanted the decorations to be kid friendly and not to frou-frou. 
The gluten free were vanilla with chocolate icing and gluten free chocolate drops halved to make the cake look like hedgehogs.









No comments:

Post a Comment