Wednesday 2 May 2012

First Wedding Cake

Since learning how to work with sugar paste I have wanted the chance to make a wedding cake. Its not the floral number that I was picturing but I still got to make one, the floral wedding cake is the next project.

On this cake its the drunken couple with a dismayed child looking on in the background. The bride figure was the most technical due to her hair, it took three maybe even four attempts to get it right. I was originally going to have her hair down but it looked like dreadlocks so I made the strands shorter and started working it in to a side bun with a diamante placed in the bun to add a bit of sparkle.

The little boy was a surprise for the couple as the picture they were shown of the cake had only the couple on, I have yet to hear how it went down but I'm sure they would have liked him. He was definitely my favourite purely for the size, he was very cute. 

The cakes themselves were fruit cakes provided by the lady who ordered the decorations. I covered the two cakes in marzipan and white icing and the pearls are made with the remaining icing. The ribbon is purple satin with an black organza ribbon sewn over the top to get the same look as the brides maids dresses.  








No comments:

Post a Comment