Thursday 16 February 2012

Moshling Cake

Moshlings are the new big thing for children aged 6 to 10 or so I've been told. I personally had never heard of them until I was asked to make a cake in the style of a moshi monster.


The cake was for 7 year old Erin who had requested a moshling cake for her birthday, her favourite character is Poppet who is pink, wears blue trainers and I think is a cat. Originally I was going to design a Hello Kitty cake as I'd been told that that was the in thing for a 7 year old girl but it wasn't much of a change in colour or shape when asked to do Poppet instead.

The cake is a chocolate madeira cake with chocolate chips through the mixture and two layers of chocolate butter cream to keep the cake moist. The bulk of the cake is covered in hot pink fondant and I used baby pink, white and turquoise to create the character. I think the only fiddly bit was getting the fondant smooth over the cut out sections in the sponge but other than that it looked like the picture I was given.
















No comments:

Post a Comment