Tuesday 20 September 2011

Toy Story Cake

The Toy Story cake was for Robbie who just turned 2 and absolutely loves Woody. When I was asked to do a Toy Story cake the first thing I thought of was toy blocks with Robbie printed on the sides and the characters had to be Woody and Bullseye along with one of those cute aliens.

To start off with I printed off pictures of each of the characters so I could try and get all the detail in to them. As I knew he loved Woody I had to make sure it was spot on - he may only be 2 but I'm sure he noticed. With having a bit of experience making models I knew it would take a bit of time getting it all right so I made them a week in advance. In the end they were not easy but not quite as challenging as I first thought. They were made out of a fondant and sugar paste mix so it would keep the shape but also be edible.

The sponge was chocolate Madeira cake with a chocolate butter cream and the fondant was baby blue with a royal blue edging. I got to use one of my new cake tools to create a perfect cut.
The cake board was covered in teddy bear brown fondant and made to look like wooden flooring.





























No comments:

Post a Comment