Sunday 3 May 2015

Buzz Lightyear Birthday Cake

This was a bit of a rush job. I got to the shop on the Wednesday afternoon and was asked to make a Buzz cake and that it had to be ready for the next day thankfully I had till 5pm the next day. I don't think I would have attempted it if I didn't know the customer as its a huge responsibility and if it had have gone pear shaped I'm not sure a stranger would be so forgiving. Thankfully it didn't go wrong and the little lad loved it :-)
The cake is Buzz and his ship with a patchwork of Woody on the board. To get the shape of the ship and Buzz I enlarge a picture of both images and pieced them together in a way that it would keep most of the cake and only lose a few corners. To define Buzz from the ship I placed the picture of Buzz on top of the cake and sliced a thin layer off the ship so Buzz stood out more.
I covered the cake in white fondant and used a patchwork method to add the colours to Buzz and his ship.






No comments:

Post a Comment