Thursday 3 July 2014

Garden Plant Pot Birthday Cake


This cake was originally set to be like another cake I had done previously with 4 garden scenes around the cake and a flower spray on top but I'm not a huge fan of doing the same cake twice and a couple of days before the cake was due to be finished I had this idea of a white picket fence covered in flowers (which I know I've done before) but the top would have 2 plant pots filled with flowers. Thankfully the lady organising the cake knows I wont let a cake go out the house unless I was happy with it so she said to go with it as long as its garden themed she trusted me :-)
The main cake is a Victoria sponge with raspberry jam and vanilla butter cream and covered in my favourite Lincoln green fondant. The plant pots are 2 chocolate cakes that I made in mini pudding tins, I made a couple spare in case they didn't come out of the tins whole which 2 of them didn't grr. After cutting the tops of I dirty iced the cakes and covered them in teddy brown fondant with a second strip around the top edge, the tops I iced with chocolate butter cream and decorated with purple and blue flowers.
The fence was cut free hand so none of the lengths were exact and the points differed slightly. For the flowers I did a variety to make it look more like a garden.   







No comments:

Post a Comment