Monday 9 December 2013

Handbag and Shoe Cake



My inspiration for this cake was from the Chanel bags and the quilting effect they use on their lovely handbags. I'd been asked to design a cake around a mum who loves shoes and handbags. Her daughter was helpful with providing favourite colours and liked the Chanel based design.
To create the quilting effect around the cake I used the very useful printing mats and then carefully went over that with the notched quilting tool. After that stage I added beading.
After finishing the sides I added the birthday message so I knew what space was left for a shoe and handbag, usually I make the toppers and then realise I've not left enough room for the message :-)
The handbag is based on a Chanel classic and the shoe is from my imagination but I though it worked well with the bag.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete