Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cakes for Bakery Window

These two cakes are the last to go into the bakery display unit for the moment.
I'm not sure how popular Gender Reveal parties are in Britain but I know its quite big in America so I thought I would jump on the band wagon and help bring the craze over to us Brits. At these parties no one knows the sex of the baby even the expecting parents until they cut into the cake to find either pink or blue icing. For my version I've gone with white fondant icing to cover the cake with a quilting effect which I've added blue and pink spots. For the top I made two teddies one pink for a girl and the other blue for a boy and then added the words 'Open To See'. Even if Gender Reveal parties don't take off I still think it would make a very cute Christening or naming ceremony cake.

The last cake is an Easter Fake, I'm a huge fan of bunnies so it had to be decorated with the Easter Bunny. The decoration are patchwork and took a long time to do, the ears are extremely fiddly to get out of the cutter without stretching them but once it's all fitted together it looks really sweet and to cute to eat.
Obviously once Mothers day, Valentines day and Easter are other with I will be making some new Fakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment