Thursday 14 April 2011

New Cupcake Recipe



Yesterday I felt like trying a new cupcake recipe. It is one of the recipes on my cake decorating board that I've been drooling over for the last couple of months and finally decided to have a go. It's a straightforward recipe, one of those all in ones. The difference was mainly the icing - instead of icing sugar, cocoa powder and margarine it used double cream and melted chocolate which made chocolate ganache. It's yummy, very strong in chocolate flavour, nice with a spoon of cream.






I had help decorating the cupcakes from my friend Jessica (Harry Potter cake). She said she would like to learn how to decorate cakes so I thought it would be a perfect idea for her to help with these and I think she did a great job as they look loads better with the purple and pink flowers, butterflies and bears.








I think I still prefer my original recipe for cupcakes but it's always fun trying out new ideas :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment