Thursday 3 July 2014

Pink and White Wedding Cake and Cupcakes


This wedding cake order was for a lovely couple who had very different ideas on what they wanted, by the end of the first consultation I had 4 different ideas to price up with other ideas that had been dismissed. After working out prices and how many guest were going the order was narrowed down to 36 cupcakes and a 10" fruit cake.
The fruit cake I made at the end of last year soaking it every so often then in February I covered it in marzipan and then a month before the wedding I covered it in white fondant and quilted the edge with sugar pearls placed in a criss-cross pattern.
The cupcakes I had to make 2 days before the wedding and finished decorating them at quarter to midnight the night before (it was a bit touch and go at one point). For the cupcakes I had 3 designs- the large pearls and rose, quilted with pearls, and blossom flowers with 12 for each design interchanging the colours so 6 with pink and 6 with white. My amazing sister came over to help deliver the cakes to the event but also got roped in with making the large fondant pearls while I made the roses and decorated the tops. (Thanks B)






1 comment: