Thursday 3 July 2014

Humpty Dumpty Birthday Cake


 Sorry it's been awhile I'm currently in the middle of moving and lots of markets so its been a bit difficult keeping up to date with the old blog so I'll try and get as many of the cakes on today.

For this cake I was asked to create a cake around an heirloom candle of Humpty Dumpty, the candle has been passed down from generation to generation and now its little Josephine turn who was 1 awhile ago now (whoops). The other requirement was fairy princess as that's her nickname, I thought the best way to incorporate Humpty Dumpty and a fairy princess was with the yellow brick road... it made sense in my head.
The cake was an 8" Victoria sponge with vanilla butter cream covered in Lincoln green fondant and decorated with a variety of flowers. I made a Humpty Dumpty with a polystyrene egg and covered it in white chocolate and blue fondants putting a lot of detail on the face. This was purely for the photos as I only saw a photo of the candle and measurements. The fairy was based on Josephine with the brown/blonde hair and blue eyes. The brick wall I made with cake, I usually use rice crispies and chocolate but with the candle being so old I didn't want it to break.  







No comments:

Post a Comment