Wednesday 17 July 2013

Super Mario Birthday Cake

I'd been asked by a family friend to make a cake for her son who was going to be turning 6 and she wanted the cake to be in the shape of a 6, for the rest of the design she left it up to me, eek.
With not having any kids and not really knowing any 6 year old boys I was totally at a loss for what they are into so of I went again to the trusty Internet. This is where I saw Super Mario, I sent her a text to see if he liked Mario and thankfully he does so I went with that. I also like playing the Mario games which came in useful. 
The cake is decorated like a level in a Mario game with the nasty bullets and piranha plants and then the super cute mushrooms and of course Super Mario. The bulk of the cake is covered in blue fondant and the edging is finished of with green for the hills and brown for the money blocks.
When picking up the cake she told us her son had asked for a Super Mario birthday card but had no idea his mum had ordered a Mario cake, I think that was a successful choice.








No comments:

Post a Comment