Wednesday 17 July 2013

Bunting Cake

I received a phone call from a lady who was organising a charity event for Air Ambulance and she asked me if I would like to contribute which I did but was already making a load of cakes for another charity event happening on the same day and scarily for the same charity. The next best idea was providing a cake to be auctioned off during the event, with no idea what to do I had a flick though the Internet to get some ideas and saw a number of them with bunting. This was my light bulb moment, a cake on its way to a charity fair where there will probably be loads of bunting hanging up, perfect.
The two tiers were vanilla sponge with a orange blossom butter cream icing and then covered in white fondant. The bunting was all cut out by hand as I couldn't for the life of me find a bunting cutter and buying one online would have been to short notice so hand cut they were and decorated with the fondant pens. I was originally going to roll out some fondant for the rope that the bunting would be hanging from but the fondant was having none of it so after placing the bunting around the cake I piped around the top with pink royal icing. The middle of the cake was decorated with lots of blossom flowers and finished of with the candy pearls.







No comments:

Post a Comment