Saturday 26 November 2011

Heart Cake

One of the books I've bought recently was the 'Pretty Party Cakes' by Peggy Porschen and the heart shaped valentine cake was one of the cakes featured.
When I was asked to do a wedding anniversary cake I knew straight away that that was the cake I wanted to attempt to recreate. Its slightly different in looks and flowers as my flowers are slightly larger and not as beautifully crafted I also added a poppy on mine as the couple whose cake it was for were married on the 11th November and have a military background so I thought it would make it more personal to them.
The cake is chocolate Madeira cake with chocolate butter cream and covered in a baby pink fondant. The flowers were piped with thick royal icing and left to dry over night and the stripes were piped with a thinner consistency of royal icing in three different shades of pink cerise, pink and pale pink. Once the stripes dried I added the flowers round the edge of the cake applying them with a spot of royal icing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment