Wednesday 2 November 2011

Happy Halloween

I've never been one for celebrating Halloween not that I'm against it as I'm not just that we never really did the whole trick or treat thing when I was a kid so dressing up and staying in never really appealed. However this year I've been wanting to make some cake pops as I had left over cake sponge so I decided to do a Halloween theme.
The shapes are free style molding as it was kind of last minute thing so they are a little different in size but I think it adds to the homemade character.
These cake pops are chocolate sponge with vanilla cream icing and coated in white chocolate for the ghosts and orange chocolate for the pumpkins with a tiny bit of green fondant on top.
The only thing I would do differently is pipe the eyes and mouth on instead of paint as the food colouring never dried.












No comments:

Post a Comment