Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pagan Wedding Cake

For some this may go against all their beliefs about wedding cakes as its not white, ivory or cream. I'm on the fence with this!
I think a traditional wedding cake would have looked out of place for a pagan wedding and the colour scheme of purple and black matched the very cute witch and vampire (bride and groom) cake topper, which are in fact a salt and pepper shaker. 
For the bottom tier I made an extremely lemony lemon cake with lemon butter cream which was covered in marzipan and fondant. The top tier was the chocolate cake that I absolutely love as it tastes like brownies and gets better with age (well days) not that it lasts that long in our house. I filled this cake with chocolate butter cream and then covered with marzipan and purple fondant.
The trimming around the bottom layer was a tear drop beading in black fondant and the roses on top were made with a mixture of sugar paste and fondant so I could roll the fondant thinner, I've found this works best if the flowers are going to be eaten.
The finishing touches were the black ribbon around the top tier and the cute cake topper.





1 comment:

  1. I am interested in the cake topper. where can I buy 1

    ReplyDelete