Thursday 24 March 2011

60th Anniversary Cake

Today is my Grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary however we celebrated it over the weekend so that family and close friends could join in. I was given the chance to make the main cake and I was really excited about it because I have been dying to make sugarpaste flowers for a cake top since I started the course back in September.
I knew straight away what I was going to do as my grandma loves orchids and her garden in general and my grandad loves chocolate cake so I put the two together and got the following:




The piping work was done with butter cream icing. I know it's usually done with glace icing but I find that difficult to work with. I found the floral designs in a cake magazine and knew they would work with the orchid spray on top of the cake.













No comments:

Post a Comment